Tuesday, October 19, 2010

TECHNIQUE TUESDAY - TIME SAVING TECHNIQUE

So it seems we are always in a rush everywhere these days and I have noticed the 2 things we always need more of are money and time.  I have seen many wonderful money saving techniques demonstrated here and on many other blogs and sites throughout the internet.  Today, I'm going to teach you a time saving technique.  I'm sure it has a name, but I have no clue what that would be. 

First, print our your SHELLY'S IMAGES DIGIS.  Then, find colors and solid or mostly solid shape stamps (I have chosen an oval from Hampton Art and this square with waves from alota rubber stamps).  Then choose your inks.  Typically Kaleidacolor type pads work well, but I also chose to use some Tim Holtz distressing inks for the bat.
Take your image, the stamp and ink you are going to use and make sure your surface is flat.

 Stamp over the image as much as you want or cover as much as you want.  It's fun to turn the shape around and use different areas of the Kaleidacolor pad so that you get different combos.
For the image with the distress inks, I went from lightest to darkest and then went back and did some overlap here and there.

Choose, your papers and put your card together.  I used a nestie to cut the image out.  DP is from girl paperie.  Then I decided to add a little sparkle, so I took my SU Aqua painter and my Twinkling H2Os and went over just the bat image with them.

For the pumpkins, I want a different effect so I went over the large one and some of the leaves below with JudiKins glaze after I had cut the image with nesties.

 Embellish as desired...
 I decided to add a sentiment to the bat card using Pink by Design sentiments.  And wow, I have 2 nice cards in less than an hr.  WOO HOO!!


I hope you have enjoyed this technique and would love to see any cards you make using it!  You can post in the comments section if you try it.  Thanks for looking:)

4 comments:

  1. What a fun idea, thanks for the inspiration,Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Audrey. What a fun twist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How neat - would have never thought to do this - and boy oh boy does it save on the coloring time!!
    Thanks so much for sharing Audrey!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete